Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Amon Tobin - Foley Room

If you're looking for creative and awesome electronica music, look no further.
The album's beats are made from field recordings, but they are mixed so well it could almost be a shitty drum kit. I mean this in the best possible way, as the beats are the standout on this cd for me. 
Some strange piano and violin work keep this album interesting, best showcased in the opening track Bloodstone. However along with the strange comes the epic, particularly the final track which has a violin sample that made me lose my shit.

So if you're into IDM or just down for something new and experimental, this is a great album to check out. I've also heard he has quite a solid discography so checking out some of his other stuff would not be a waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment