Tuesday, October 19, 2010

In Pieces - Lions Write History

In Pieces were a post-hardcore band with members from With Honor and Have A Nice Life (Dan Barrett actually created HANL after In Pieces). I got their sophomore album Lions Write History whilst I was utterly obsessed with all projects Barrett has been involved in. As far as post-hardcore goes, it dominates everything from the genre as of late mainly due to it's originality. In fact, it's so far from most post-hardcore bands that I don't even want to call it post-hardcore (but I will, because it is). All the songs are written incredibly well, mixing heavy sections with clean interludes tastefully. Most of the songs are around 5 minutes with awesome build ups and some great epic climaxes. One of the main attractions for me personally are Barretts's vocals, where he sings very uniquely and well. Also, the parts where he screams are fucking awesome.

Anyway, just check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment