Saturday, April 10, 2010

Elfen Lied

I'm a pretty huge fan of anime. And I'm not one of those guys who is like "Oh man, I love anime! Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon are so fucking cool!" "What other anime have you seen?" "Other anime?"
But yeah, big anime fans will hopefully pick up on the extremely subtle picture from the film 'Akira' at the top of the page. Anyway, out of all the movies and series I've watched, my all time favourite would have to be Elfen Lied.
It's got everything you could ask for and more. Ridiculous amounts of blood and violence, a compelling and deep storyline, amazing plot twists, great character development and best of all: Hot anime babes and heaps of sexual tension. 
In all seriousness though, no anime (or other series for that matter) has hit me like this one. The 13 episodes don't seem like much but there is so much packed in that after the epic conclusion of the series, you'll spend days if not weeks letting all the stuff sink in. It will make you laugh, make you cringe and might even make you cry. All in all, any fan of anime should treat themselves to this masterpiece. Even if you don't consider yourself an anime buff, I still recommend checking this out because this is something amazing.

I understand that I haven't exactly explained any of the actual plot, but that's intentional as I saw it with no idea what it was about and that made it better. Feel free to google what it's about but just bear in mind, you could enjoy it more if you just watch it. 

If you thought that last part was patronising, don't be stupid.

2 comments:

  1. you know why anime babes are hot? because they are asian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well they don't look it, considering they have huge eyes and are actually hot.

    ReplyDelete