Monday, April 19, 2010

Mezzanine

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I didn't have a clue what Trip-Hop was and wasn't planning on listening to it anytime soon since I'm not a fan of most Hip-Hop. But luckily my mate played the song 'Angel' by Massive Attack to me, which showed me just how good the genre could be. So I downloaded the album it was off, called 'Mezzanine'.
With every listen I'm liking it more, and every song is really solid. The main thing that attracts me to it are the down-tempo Hip-Hop beats with dark overtones which creates this chilled out, creepy atmosphere. Some of the tracks are even reminiscent of Post-Rock in the way they build up and have a very 'movement' style structure. I've heard this is one of the best Trip-Hop albums of all time, but I can't really back this up since it's the only one I've heard. But rest assured, I already have a bunch of ones to check out and will probably put up some more cool Trip-Hop albums in the near future.


Also, go to YouTube and watch the video for "Angel". It's one of the coolest music videos I've seen.

2 comments:

  1. check this out: http://icouldbejamesdean.blogspot.com/2010/03/emancipator-soon-it-will-be-cold-enough.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. listen to blue lines by Massive attack great album

    ReplyDelete